Back in the olden days we were kinda pushed into new technology trying to
get any angle we could for VSCR with software and hardware. One of the items
was  speed matching buffers in 3380 control unit.
Everything went fine in testing. Then someone added a pack to JES3 spool.
Blam! When I got in the PSR was just dog cussing one of the  developers.
Evidently there was no SMB controllers in JES3 development and  they had a fall
thru lookup followed by a DC X'00'.

In a message dated 9/22/2016 2:13:54 P.M. Central Daylight Time,