This is what I use:

//STEP0   EXEC PGM=IDCAMS
//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSUDUMP DD  SYSOUT=*
//DD1      DD  DSN=MSTITT.UCAT.BKUP,DISP=OLD,VOL=SER=xxxxxx,UNIT=3390

//SYSIN    DD  *
  IMPORT INFILE(DD1) OUTDATASET(SYS1.ZOS1D.TEST.MCAT) -
          OBJECTS(SYS1.ZOS1D.MCAT VOLUMES(H3MCAT)) -
          INTOEMPTY -
          ALIAS
/*

The ALIAS parameter will recreate the ALIAS entries if the EXPORT was done with
the option to save them.

HTH

Matthew