We had been running with RFC4217 up to now and it was working.

Regardless, per your recommendation (and the manual), I changed it to

Voila! All is well with the RFN world once again, I owe Kurt another virtual
drink of his choice.

Glad its working for you now.

I should have also mentioned that instead of using FTPS you (and everyone else too) could have used HTTPS which has no FTP.DATA-like file full of confusing and conflicting options, and avoids typical FTPS firewall issues as a bonus.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development