Radoslaw Skorupka wrote:

>Answer: it depends.

Absolutely. For once, I have TIME to agree with you.
I wish I have TIME (sic!) to test your one step job examples, but...

>Rule of thumb: KISS!
>Keep It Simple!

Indeed.

>Don't code TIME in both JOB and EXEC

We tell people to rather sit any TIME= in the JOB card, not in EXEC card,
simply for KISS reason.

Or, we just tell them use jobclass for classes reserved for TIME=1440.

>Be generous when setting default values.

Yup, why bother with S322? S322 is so ancient...

We may be generous except in two/three classes reserved for quick and dirty
short jobs (small TIME and REGION) with one step usually and no
tapes/cartridges.

We also don't use IEFUTL for batch jobs for this reason: KISS

Of course there are tradeoffs. If the system is really that busy, priority for
jobs with TIME=1440 + excessive cumulative CPU usage are sometimes lowered.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht