Mumble fumble sometime last month Jerry said:

>Curl would be what I would use on zOS to do the same function as wget -
> (Ithink it can use wget under the covers)

To which Mark replied:
I don't believe that to be true.
One feature that wget has that curl does not is recursively downloading entire
trees,
while maintaining last-modified dates, etc.  If you're only downloading one file
here and there, and don't mind the dates not matching, then curl is just fine.
Doing more than that is certainly possible (it's a very powerful command
in a lot of ways), but you'll start getting into scripting things.

indeed
CURL and WGET are independent projects. They share some capabilities but they're not the same thing.

For any who might be interested, there are CURL and WGET for CMS (subset implementations) which could be made to work on TSO.

-- R; <><