On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Mark Regan <marktre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to start a STC so that when it is stopped that its complete
> job log is sent by NJE to another JES2 node. The reason I ask is that we
> have JES2 nodes that don't have an archival system on them, so I want to
> send the job log to a JES2 system that does via NJE.
>
> Thanks.

​The easiest way to to convert it from an "started task" to a "started
job". If you do that, you can put in a nearly normal JOB card (no CLASS=)
and immediately after it, put in a // OUTPUT card.
ref:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ieab600/iea3b6_Coding_the_JOB_statement_for_the_started_task.htm
ref:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ieab600/outst.htm

Example:

//MYSTC   JOB MSGCLASS=R USE PROPER OUTPUT CLASS
//JESDS   OUTPUT DEFAULT=YES,
//        JESDS=YES,
//        CLASS=R,
//        OUTDISP=(WRITE,WRITE)