Thanks and I've already rewritten it to use the CSI!  8-D

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Edward Gould
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 1:20 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: A Means To RECALL Migrated GDS' Based on a Block of Relative Gens

> On Dec 27, 2016, at 10:59 AM, George, William@FTB <bill.geo...@ftb.ca.gov>
> wrote:
>
> I found parsing the LISTCAT output easy as I've done it many times and
> much easier to understand.  8-D However. I just found the IBM REXX sample for
> CSI and got it working.
> I'll copy the REXX I have using the LISTCAT code and change it to use CSI and
> then compare the two.
> Thanks!
>
> Bill

Bill,

Be aware that the list cat output *DOES* change and there is no warning from
IBM.

Years ago someone bought a cheap listcat at a company I worked for (it was
written in COBOL no less).
Once a year (or so it seemed) the utility would break. I would look at the
source (they provided) and waste 1 or 2 hours of my time trying to debug it.
It was just not worth the $25.
Use the way Tom M suggested and it will eliminate 3AM calls.

Ed

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email from the State of California is for the sole
use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged
information. Any unauthorized review or use, including disclosure or
distribution, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of this email.