I have been requested to investigate the impact of switching "local" time to
"UTC" time.

We currently use STP to establish the time and offsets for our LPARs, so
basically we are using UTC time correctly.

However, the requirement may include not changing local time when daylight
savings time occurs.  The intent is to maintain a consistent 'displayed' time
world-wide as many places do not adjust times.

Using STP, the local time changes automatically and I am not aware of any way
prevent it.

Is anyone aware of how to accomplish this?

Thanks

Bill Bishop
Consultant, Mainframe Engineer
Mainframe and Scheduling - Infrastructure Technology Services Toyota Motor
North America