From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Elardus Engelbrecht
Sent: 06 January 2017 16:38
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IEC141I 013-A8: how to read VS data sets?

Robin Atwood wrote:

>But my curiosity was piqued when I found that another of our products *could*
>read the data set; I just cannot work out how!

If you can find out, could you post your macro used for that VS dataset? I'm
just curious if you don't mind, please.

Something like this example I'm using for reading VBS (not VS) datasets (SMF in
this case):

INVOER    DCB   DSORG=PS,MACRF=(GM),DDNAME=INVOER,EODAD=EINDE

(I admit that above macro is not perfect or optimal or ideal, but it is
*working* and fast+furious for both tape/disk)

Robin (and others too!), thanks for your posts in this thread. It was very
educational to me.

Thanks again!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht