From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Elardus Engelbrecht
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2017 12:44 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: IBM LOGREC Analysis

Dyck, Lionel B. (TRA) wrote:

>Useful but just generates the IFCEREP1 reporting from what I can see.
>I'm looking for some analytics (however minimal)

Beside LOGREC viewer, there is nothing available AFAIK to do analytics work.
(No PFA, CBTTAPE or other expensive things for us at this time.)

What a pity, since LOGREC is sometimes the last bastion to try fixing something
weird...

In the absence of that analysis ability, I usually, when extracting LOGREC, I
generate 4 reports with large TABSIZE:

PRINT=AL    (Full details)
EVENTS
SYSUM
SYSEXN

(System logger, all LPARs, usual defaults with date/time overrides if needed.)

All of them need serious + tedious IEBALL to get an overview starting with
EVENTS of course.

Good luck!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht