From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:10 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Cobol and PreCompile for CICS and DB2

Yes, exactly.

I remember in the past you had two steps for compile for DB2 or CICS Cobol
programs.  One to translate the SQL or CICS EXEC statements to COBOL and then
the Compile step itself.

I was wondering when that was changed so the Cobol Compiler could do it all in
one step without the pre-compiler step.

Lizette