Do you really want to delete a migrated dataset after only 1 year?  Migration
has already freed the disk space.  At our site, we frequently needed to restore
datasets that were several years old when an old customer would return to the
fold.

Do you really want to delete the backup copy of a dataset based on time and not
number of copies?  The purpose of a backup is to allow a recovery when the
primary is damaged.  If you delete your only backup after a year because the
dataset has not been modified, how will you recover it?

What tool are you using for backup and migration?  If it is HSM, there are SMS
parameters you can set to control when the backup and migration copies are
deleted.  ASM2 from CA has similar capabilities built in.  I expect that FDR
does also but I have never used that product.

And speaking of SMS, it can also control the deletion of primary datasets on
disk.

Unless you free the tape in your tape management system, the only practical
effect of deleting a tape dataset is removing its entry from the catalog if
there was one.  How you free the tape will depend on which tape management
system you use.