From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mike Schwab
Sent: January 13 1:57 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] Hidden Figures

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_tape
About 1974-75, I lived with my dad, manager of a Kroger store.  At night he
would insert various strips of punch film into a reader to report the store's
daily transactions.

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Frank Swarbrick <frank.swarbr...@outlook.com>
wrote:
> There was a recent episode of the new TV series "Timeless" that
> involved this era, and in fact had the Katherine G.
> Johnson<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Johnson> "character".
> In this show she and the main characters fairly easily got themselves
> access to the computer room and "fed a virus" in to the mainframe
> using paper tape!  I'm guessing the TV show was a bit less realistic
> than the movie...!  :-)
>
> Frank

[http://www.txfb-ins.com/TFBICImages/email.jpg]
J.D. Power Disclaimer<https://www.txfb-ins.com/terms-conditions#disclaimer>

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The foregoing message (including attachments) is
covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. sections
2510-2521, and is CONFIDENTIAL. If you believe that it has been sent to you in
error, do not read it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have
received the message in error, then delete it. Thank you.