> - I've no EAVs defined so far but dscb format 9 has available new fields
> like jobname, stepname for each dataset created on a EAV dasd volume.

I don't have access to EAV volumes here, so I cannot verify what I'm writing
below. I'm sure someone who can will correct me shuold I be wrong.

Probably, DFdss' PRINT VTOC will display this ionformation. There probably are
other tools. However, I would not build anything that relies on the new fields
for production use. It is my understanding that data sets on EAV volumes

- Will be represented by an old format-1 DSCB if the data set happens to be
allocated in track managed space on the EAV volume, even if the data set is
EAS-eligible.
- The format-1 DSCB will be converted to a format-8/9 pair on the fly, when the
data set expands and tghe new extent happens to be in cylinder managed space.
- A data set represented by a format-8/9 pair might again be represented by a
format-1 DSCB after migrate/recall or backup/revocer, if is is allocated
wholely in track managed space.

The net: The additional information may get lost.

--
Peter Hunkeler