From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Bill Woodger
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 12:39 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: Program now working, but why?

"My guess is that the call for the header record passed the record from the FD
buffer. And subsequent calls pass the record after it's moved to WORKING
STORAGE".

If the AMBLIST output looks good (comparison of new to Production), then I'm
pretty sure there is no direct problem with addressability of the data "under"
the FD as far as the Assembler program is concerned. The IO areas will be
within the addressable area of where the program is loaded.

However, it can't hurt to see the compiler options used, and the
linkedit/binder options used (used, not just those supplied to override).