On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 8:54 AM, Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 08:48:14 -0600, John McKown wrote:
>
> >Oh, it must be due to _signed_ division instead of _unsigned_.
> >
> Does HLASM (not the z hardware) provide an unsigned division operator?
>
> And the warning was issued on an instruction that did not involve division.
>
> -- gil

​Sorry, I should have said to ignore the HLASM warnings. And I guess I
should have sent it to ASSEMBLER-LIST too. But I'm confused about what
VALUE2 is evaluated to. I was wanting X'FFFFC1C3' and got X'FFFFC1C4'. From
your other reply, I was expecting truncation, not rounding. Maybe that's my
problem.​

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is
ancient. It's called 'rain'." -- Michael McClary, in alt.fusion

Maranatha! <><
John McKown