Seems like those two would be great candidates for PowerExchange mapping, since
it sounds like it fits in to their current job descriptions.  But what do I
know!  :-(

________________________________
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2017 2:10 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: thoughts on z/OS ftp server enhancement.

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Frank Swarbrick <
frank.swarbr...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Sad.
>

> It's my observation that the best person to create the PowerExchange maps
> is someone who knows the mainframe data.  But if they won't let you or
> another mainframer do it, and they won't / can't do it themselves, well it
> sounds like they are once again screwing themselves.  (Do you have any
> mainframe developers left?)

Two, who are in the midst of doing the data transformation (VSAM to
sequential, plus other sequential data) and the Mainframe to Micro Focus
COBOL conversion and testing. Micro Focus is supposedly helping us, but
there appears to be some sort of contract "glitch", about which I know
little and will say nothing more.

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is
ancient. It's called 'rain'." -- Michael McClary, in alt.fusion

Maranatha! <><
John McKown