From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Kurt Quackenbush
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 8:37 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SMP/E Tutorial

On 3/27/2017 7:52 AM, Dan Kalmar wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good tutorial for using SMP/E to package a new
> product for distribution ?

Not so much a tutorial, but try "IBM, Standard Packaging Rules for z/OS-Based
Products" here:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/gimpkg80.pdf

Some personal thoughts on the process of packaging your software in SMP/E
SYSMOD format:  I assume one of the reasons you are asking is not so much
because you (or your customers) think the initial install of your software in
SMP/E format is very exciting, but rather because of the prospect of follow-on
service in PTF format.  Therefore, you must consider how you intend to supply
parts/files later in PTFs before you create your initial FUNCTION SYSMOD.