For the PLEX - one SHCDS dataset group.  I do not think this could be shared
across Plexes, but Shared within a Plex.

There are usually 3 - Primary, Secondary and Backup

The names of the datasets need to follow IBM's naming convention. So the VOLSER
the SHCDS is allocated, must be in the name.  So do not move it.

If you do a Cold Start on your Plex, then you may need to have some way of
telling the system where the datasets are located.  I have put in place a Daily
Display command, that is captured and written to a Seq file - should zOS ask me
where they are.  As I recall, it did not remember them when we did that several
years ago.

The IBM manuals have a formula for sizing then Structures.  It is not bad.  I
would increase by 10% for growth.  If you have more room in the CF for the
Catalog Structures, then make it larger.  You never know when you may need to
add more catalogs.

If you use IBM's CFSIZER for RLS, it is only good for CICS and does not provide
any information for Catalog or HSM xCDS dataset structure sizes.

We have RLS for VSAM CICS datasets, Catalogs and DFHSM xCDS datasets.  Works
very well.

I am working towards having separate Structures for Catalog, CICS, HSM and
General Structure for everything else.  Some of the HSM activity is high and so
a separate structure seems reasonable.

Lizette