From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Bruce Hewson
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:39 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: AUTOIPL SADUMP LOADPARM flag value

Hello Jim,

thank you.

summary:-

SADUMP treats last LOADPARM character as if it is a hexadecimal nibble.

1...      8   - reserved for IBM - do not use
.1..      4   - SADUMP will attempt re-ipl using stored DIAG member MVS()
parameter values
..1.      2   - unassigned - do not use
...1      1   - unassigned - do not use

We will be coding "0" to ensure no auto re-ipl is attempted by SADUMP.
Our exercise is to speed up SADUMP capture. we will use loadparm  SNSYSC0.

For our general usage we will code a SYMBOL for the SADUMP ucb address, and use
AUTOMATION script to identify the UCB address of the second volume in the
sysres set based on our volume naming standards, use SYMUPDTE process to
dynamically update the symbol value, then use SET DIAG command to update the
SADUMP UCB address. This to be performed after every IPL.

Activities, such as TDMF relocation of SYSRES volumes will be managed by
re-driving the AUTOMATION script.

Regards
Bruce Hewson