It should not be possible to get a 052 abend from VSMLOC,
unless some rogue code on your system has messed with the
System Function Table so that the wrong PC number is being issued,
or some rogue code on your system has messes with the Entry Table Entry
for the VSMLOC PC so that something other than the VSMLOC service
routine is being invoked by the VSMLOC PC.

 Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY

> From: Joe Reichman <reichman...@gmail.com>
> To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
> Date: 08/07/2017 09:24 PM
> Subject: Various 052 abends with LINKAGE=SYSTEM calls in SRB
> Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

> I am getting intermittent abends with a couple of macros that use
> linkage=system in a SRB

> The first is with AXSET macro
>
>                         LA    R2,1                  Give us the
>                         AXSET AX=(R2)               Power
>                         XR    R8,8                  Clear r8
>                         ICM   R8,B'0011',NOW.HASID     Get Server Asid
>                         SSAR  R8                    Set secondary Asid
>
> The reason code for the AXSET is 0101
>
> The Abends happens (sometimes) after the PC  0(14) call in the AXSET
>
> To other is in the VSMLOC macro again after the PC  0(14) The reason
code in
> the VSMLOC is 0103
>
> From my understanding there is no restriction using LINKAGE=SYSTEM in a
SRB