On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 21:30:08 -0400 Jim Mulder <d10j...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

:>    It should not be possible to get a 052 abend from VSMLOC,
:>unless some rogue code on your system has messed with the
:>System Function Table so that the wrong PC number is being issued,
:>or some rogue code on your system has messes with the Entry Table Entry
:>for the VSMLOC PC so that something other than the VSMLOC service
:>routine is being invoked by the VSMLOC PC.

Or if a routine requiring primary mode is not called in primary mode?

:> Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp.
:>Poughkeepsie NY

:>> From: Joe Reichman <reichman...@gmail.com>
:>> To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
:>> Date: 08/07/2017 09:24 PM
:>> Subject: Various 052 abends with LINKAGE=SYSTEM calls in SRB
:>> Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

:>> I am getting intermittent abends with a couple of macros that use
:>> linkage=system in a SRB

:>> The first is with AXSET macro

:>>                         LA    R2,1                  Give us the
:>>                         AXSET AX=(R2)               Power
:>>                         XR    R8,8                  Clear r8
:>>                         ICM   R8,B'0011',NOW.HASID     Get Server Asid
:>>                         SSAR  R8                    Set secondary Asid

:>> The reason code for the AXSET is 0101

:>> The Abends happens (sometimes) after the PC  0(14) call in the AXSET

:>> To other is in the VSMLOC macro again after the PC  0(14) The reason
:>code in
:>> the VSMLOC is 0103

:>> From my understanding there is no restriction using LINKAGE=SYSTEM in a
:>SRB

http://www.dissensoftware.com