From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Holst, Jeffrey A
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 2:09 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Scrubbing sensitive data in dumps

A year or two ago I attended a webinar that was discussing (selling) a product
that would scrub sensitive information (generally PII) from dumps (SVC dumps,
SYSMDUMPs and the like) prior to sending these to a software vendor.

I told my management about it, and there was no interest, so I didn't retain
any information on it.

Fast forward to today. My manager calls me up and asks if I know of any
products that can scrub sensitive information from dumps. My response was that
I had attended a webinar on one. I was asked what the product was and who the
vendor might be, and I could not recall and I didn't have anything saved.

Does anyone know of such a product? I know there is one out there but I haven't
figured out a search argument to locate it yet.

Jeffrey Holst
Infrastructure Configuration Consultant
Technology and Operations, Shared Services

PNC Bank
Columbus Whitehall Service Center 2
4653 E Main St
Columbus, OH 43213
(614) 856-5443
jeffrey.ho...@pnc.com

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to
you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error,
please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the
sender. This message may be considered a commercial electronic message under
Canadian law or this message may contain an advertisement of a product or
service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US
law. You may unsubscribe at any time from receiving commercial electronic
messages from PNC at http://pages.e.pnc.com/globalunsub/
PNC, 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222; pnc.com

The information contained in this electronic communication and any document
attached hereto or transmitted herewith is confidential and intended for the
exclusive use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
examination, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
or any part thereof is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy this communication. Thank you.