few years ago `i wrote a program to mask business data from dumps. it
masked Hebrew text, zone decimal numbers (if the are larger then 3 chars)
and some Luhn baed numbers by replacing them with dots on both sides of a
printed dump. I don't have access to the code now, but it is quit simple
and base on clients secrets (the way they generate key numbers like brunch
number, account, etc.).

Itschak

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 5:05 PM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

> My understanding is that the XBridge product was successful at this
> technically. CA has a new product in this area that is successful
> technically. (By "technically" I mean that the technology is successful in
> recognizing credit card numbers, SSNs, and so forth. There is more pattern
> to a credit card number than just "16 numeric digits.")
>
> These products address files and datasets, but the same pattern
> recognition would apply to dumps.
>
> The problem as I see it -- after taking several sessions at SHARE on data
> privacy -- is that the definition of "personal information" is endlessly
> elastic. Read "What constitutes personal data?" on
> http://www.eugdpr.org/gdpr-faqs.html.
>
> And by the way, if you are in the US and think that the GDPR is a
> Europe-only thing, read "Who does the GDPR affect?" and "What are the
> penalties for non-compliance?" on the same page. Also note the countdown
> clock on their home page!
>
> Charles

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|** Automatic ISCM**  (Information Security
Contiguous Monitoring) **|  *