I have wondered the same thing. Would be interested in any answers.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Brian Westerman
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 3:37 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: changing the STC identifier

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a way to internally change the identifier of a Started Task
after the task starts?.  For instance, If someone starts a task called "MYTASK"
via "S MYTASK.bob" and I would like it to be something other than "BOB" that I
can issue a modify command to the STC "MYTASK", is there a way to internally
modify the identifier so that I can change it to "MARY" so that no matter how
the STC is started I can always talk to it via "F MARY,mycommand"?  This is
especially important when they start it with no identifier.  If they have an
IEFRDER DD it uses the unit address of that allocation, if not it uses whatever
silly name they called the STC in PROCLIB.

I seem to remember that there was a way to do this from a long time ago, but I
can't find any doc anywhere that deals with changing this after the task has
started.

Brian