From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Allan Staller
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 4:14 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [IBM-MAIN] SMP HELP

I have downloaded a SMPE packgage of PTFs to /smpnts.  (GIMPAF.XML, GIMPAF.XSL,
SMPHOLD, SMPPTFIN).  I am now attempting to unzip this package.
I can't seem to find the error. What am I doing wrong?

The following output is received:

PAGE 0001              DATE 08/15/17  TIME 12:57:36             GIMUNZIP 36.78

---------- <GIMUNZIP>
---------- <ARCHDEF
----------  name="SMPPTFIN/S0001.SHOPZ.S4415456.SMPMCS.pax.Z"
----------  newname="TSGSA1.S4415456.SMPPTFIN"
---------- </ARCHDEF>
GIM20313S ** THERE IS A SYNTAX ERROR IN THE CONTROL STATEMENT FROM DD STATEMENT
---------- <ARCHDEF
----------  name="SMPHOLD/S0002.SHOPZ.S4415456.SMPHOLD.pax.Z"
----------  newname="TSGSA1.S4415456.HOLDDATA"
---------- </ARCHDEF>
GIM20313S ** THERE IS A SYNTAX ERROR IN THE CONTROL STATEMENT FROM DD STATEMENT
---------- </GIMUNZIP>
GIM46700I    GIMUNZIP PACKAGE CONTROL STATEMENT PROCESSING FAILED.
GIM20501I    GIMUNZIP PROCESSING IS COMPLETE. THE HIGHEST RETURN CODE WAS 12.

The JCL is below. It has been modelled on an existing job (from another life)
that works.

//STEP1   EXEC PGM=GIMUNZIP,REGION=256M,PARM='HASH=YES'
//SMPOUT    DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSPRINT  DD SYSOUT=*
//SMPDIR    DD PATH='/smpnts/U01899906',PATHDISP=KEEP
//*//SMPWKDIR  DD PATH='/smpnts',PATHDISP=KEEP //SMPCPATH  DD
PATH='/usr/lpp/smp/classes',PATHDISP=KEEP
//SMPJHOME  DD PATH='/usr/lpp/java/J8.0_64',PATHDISP=KEEP
//SYSUT3    DD UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(50,50))
//SYSUT4    DD UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(50,50))
//SYSIN     DD DATA,DLM=$$
 <GIMUNZIP>
 <ARCHDEF
  name="SMPPTFIN/S0001.SHOPZ.S4415456.SMPMCS.pax.Z"
  newname="TSGSA1.S4415456.SMPPTFIN"
  newname="TSGSA1.S4415456.SMPPTFIN"
 </ARCHDEF>
 <ARCHDEF
  name="SMPHOLD/S0002.SHOPZ.S4415456.SMPHOLD.pax.Z"
  newname="TSGSA1.S4415456.HOLDDATA"
 </ARCHDEF>
 </GIMUNZIP>
$$

Directory Structure
$ cd /smpnts/U01899906
$ ls -al
total 96
drwxrwxr-x   4 TSGSA1   GP$MVS      8192 Aug 15 12:57 .
drwxrwxrwx  19 SSHDAEM  GP$MVS      8192 Aug 15 12:54 ..
-rw-rw-rw-   1 TSGSA1   GP$MVS      2720 Aug 10 15:54 GIMPAF.XML
-rw-rw-rw-   1 TSGSA1   GP$MVS      5040 Aug 10 15:55 GIMPAF.XSL
drwxrwxr-x   2 TSGSA1   GP$MVS      8192 Aug 10 15:55 SMPHOLD
drwxrwxr-x   2 TSGSA1   GP$MVS      8192 Aug 10 15:54 SMPPTFIN
$

Contents of SMPHOLD and SMPPTFIN
$ cd SMPHOLD
$ ls -al
total 2576
drwxrwxr-x   2 TSGSA1   GP$MVS      8192 Aug 10 15:55 .
drwxrwxr-x   4 TSGSA1   GP$MVS      8192 Aug 15 12:57 ..
-rw-rw-rw-   1 TSGSA1   GP$MVS   1290240 Aug 10 15:55
S0002.SHOPZ.S4415456.SMPHOLD.pax.Z

$ cd ../SMPPTFIN
$ ls -al
total 237888
drwxrwxr-x   2 TSGSA1   GP$MVS      8192 Aug 10 15:54 .
drwxrwxr-x   4 TSGSA1   GP$MVS      8192 Aug 15 12:57 ..
-rw-rw-rw-   1 TSGSA1   GP$MVS   121701888 Aug 10 15:55
S0001.SHOPZ.S4415456.SMPMCS.pax.Z

$

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or
may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or
without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the
originator or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the
author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its
affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the
prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately.
Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and
other defects.