Wouldn't a simple IDCAMS DELETE NSCR work?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Rodatz, William J
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 11:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Removing Catalog Entries for Datasets That Do Not Exist

Hello Everyone,

Recently I discovered some datasets with "MIGRAT" as the volser.  These
datasets had been migrated with DFHSM many years ago.  My organization is no
longer running the product.  I am attempting to remove the dangling catalog
entries which appears to be challenging.  The pubs say to use IEHPROGM with the
SCRATCH function if (1) the dataset is non-SMS managed and (2) you know the
dataset's volser prior to migration.  I don't what the original volser was and
I don't know why it matters.  The catalog entry has only the dataset name and
"MIGRAT" for the volser.

When I execute IEHPROGM, I get messages denoting that DFHSM is not active.  I
am unable to move past this point.

Does anyone have an idea how the catalog entries can be removed?  Any input
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Bill

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain CSX
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
intended addressee. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above CSX email address.
Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage caused directly or indirectly
by receipt of this email.