HI ,
    I use the following rexx exec ,  ZCOMMAND would be   'F HSM,Q CDS'
It uses Gilbert Stflours excellent STEMVIEW to display the output, that
could easily be replaced
with an execio.

Regards,
            Ron

/* rexx */

parse upper arg ZCOMMAND

IsfRC = isfcalls( "ON" )
if IsfRC <> 0
then do
   say "RC" IsfRC "returned from isfcalls( ON )"
   exit IsfRC
end
ISFCONS = ''
ISFDELAY = 5
address SDSF "ISFEXEC '/"strip(ZCOMMAND,B,'"')||"' "
if RC <> 0 then do
   say "RC" RC "returned from ZCOMMAND "
   call DisplayMessages
end

/* Display the user log associated with the action */

do i = 1 to isfulog.0
   cmd.i =  substr(isfulog.i,43,80)
end

XTITLE = ZCOMMAND
Call STEMVIEW  'BROWSE','cmd.',,,'Command output','DBPIRLMA'

/* Unload the SDSF environment */

call isfcalls "OFF"

exit 0

/* Display the messages associated with the action */

DisplayMessages:
 say "isfmsg: '"isfmsg"'"
 say isfmsg2.0 "long messages in the isfmsg2 stem:"
 do i = 1 to isfmsg2.0
    say " '"isfmsg2.i"'"
 end
return