>> isn't there a third place where LE options come from?
 >
>Yes, absolutely, there are installation defaults. Several sets: CICS, POSIX, I
>have forgotten what all. I guess that is part of my question here: aren't they
>defaults? Is there any way installation "stuff" of some sort overrides #pragma?

My first thought, too, but I was not sure about the "order of precedence", so I
looked it up and found that the #pragma options could be overridden by PARM=,
or //CEEOPTS DD, only. So in your case, it seems that the program is running
with TRAP(ON,NOSPIE).

The fine IBM Knowledge Center did not want to help me post a direct link
(arrrgh...), so please look up the "order of precedence" in the LE Programmer's
Guide.

--
Peter Hunkeler