On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Jesse 1 Robinson <jesse1.robin...@sce.com>
wrote:

> I have to keep harping on this. The looming EU regulation on hacking is a
> potentially huge legal liability. You cannot defend yourself in court by
> arguing that you hire the best people. You can defend yourself only by
> showing that the hacked data was encrypted.

​I think that more than encryption would need to be shown​. I'm thinking
that the algorithm must be "robust" (or whatever word the crypto people
use). If not, then let's just use ROT13. Oh, and you'd best be sure that
the passphrase, digital cert, etc is properly secured. It doesn't do any
good to encrypt a file and have the decryption key be easily found.

--
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn

Maranatha! <><
John McKown