Jesse Robinson wrote:
>I have to keep harping on this. The looming EU regulation on hacking is a
>potentially huge legal liability. You cannot defend yourself in court by
>arguing that you hire the best people. You can defend yourself only by showing
>that the hacked data was encrypted.

Sure, and that IS worth repeating. GDPR is going to be a bus that hits a few
folks before the even know it exists, I suspect.

I assume the point of "hire competent people" was "because they'll be smart
enough not to use admin/admin for the management system logon". While
"competent" doesn't necessarily imply doing the right thing all the time, using
admin/admin definitely precludes the use of the term "competent", I submit!

...phsiii