From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jorge Garcia
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2017 4:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: GETMSG null with out ADABAS command

Hi all,

 We're trying to execute a REXX with a GETMSG statement to trap the out of
ADABAS or event Publisher command (Software AG products). We can't trap
anything. Below the REXX executed

TRACE I
"CONSOLE DEACTIVATE"
"CONSPROF SOLDISP(NO) SOLNUM(400)"
"CONSOLE ACTIVATE NAME("USERID()")"
ADDRESS CONSOLE "F CACEPR04,CMD,CACDS,"REPORT""
msg = GETMSG(salida.,SOL,,,6)
if msg = 0 then nop
 else
  do
    say 'Command error'
  exit 8
  end  /* do 11 */
do a = 1 to salida.0
  say salida.a
 end /* do */
exit

GETMSG always finishs with RC = 4. We don't know if GETMSG statement only Works
fine with IBM applications non ISV products.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Jorge Garcia Juanino
Coordinador sistemas z/OS