From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jorge Garcia
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:40 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: GETMSG null with out ADABAS command

Hi Richard, Elardus,

 Below last execution with the updates -->

<<Question, did you do a check for rc after the CONSOLE ACTIVATE?

>"CONSOLE ACTIVATE NAME("USERID()")"

I don't see any results of that CONSOL ACTIVATE command in your posted TRACE.

Can you retry your REXX with the below statements I posted earlier?

"CONSOLE ACTIVATE NAME("USERID()")"
if rc <> 0 then
do
 say "CONSOLE Activation problem - " rc
end
ADDRESS CONSOLE .... etc ... >>

5 *-* "CONSOLE ACTIVATE NAME("USERID()")"
  >L>   "CONSOLE ACTIVATE NAME("
  >F>   "JGARCI1"
  >O>   "CONSOLE ACTIVATE NAME(JGARCI1"
  >L>   ")"
  >O>   "CONSOLE ACTIVATE NAME(JGARCI1)"
6 *-* if rc <> 0
  >V>   "0"
  >L>   "0"
  >O>   "0"

<<Try this logic. It completes the GETMSG logic *before* attempting the SAY >>

Done

10 *-* "CONSOLE SYSCMD(F CACEPS71,CMD,CACDS,"REPORT") CART(CARTEVEP)"
   >L>   "CONSOLE SYSCMD(F CACEPS71,CMD,CACDS,"
   >L>   "REPORT"
   >O>   "CONSOLE SYSCMD(F CACEPS71,CMD,CACDS,REPORT"
   >L>   ") CART(CARTEVEP)"
   >O>   "CONSOLE SYSCMD(F CACEPS71,CMD,CACDS,REPORT) CART(CARTEVEP)"
11 *-* /**/
12 *-* getcode = 0
   >L>   "0"
13 *-* Do while getcode = 0                /**/
   >V>   "0"
   >L>   "0"
   >O>   "1"
14 *-*  getcode = GETMSG('salida.','SOL',CARTEVEP,,10)
   >L>    "salida."
   >L>    "SOL"
   >L>    "CARTEVEP"
   >L>    ""
   >L>    "10"
       >F>    "4"
    15 *-*  If getcode = 0
       >V>    "4"
       >L>    "0"
       >O>    "0"
    23 *-* End
    13 *-* Do while getcode = 0                /**/
       >V>   "4"
       >L>   "0"
       >O>   "0"
    24 *-* Do ii = 1 to wto.0
       >L>   "1"
       >L>   "WTO.0"
    24 +++  Do ii = 1 to wto.0
IRX0041I Error running COMANDO4, line 24: Bad arithmetic conversion
READY
END

Regards