From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Peter Hunkeler <p...@gmx.ch>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:56 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: AW: Re: LPAR to LPAR access

>Db2 Data sharing isn't the only way to get 2 Db2 subsystems on different
>LPAR's to talk to each other. As long as the 2 LPAR's have some connectivity,
>TCP/IP etc. in common, it is possible to use Db2 distributed data facility to
>allow the 2 subsystems to communicate.

But they do *not* currently have Db2 on both LPARs, I understand. She's looking
for options to have Db2 data shipped over to the non-Db2 LPAR.

OT: Did IBM marketing morons rebrand DB2 into Db2 to make it easier to type it
without errors on smartphone and tablet virtual keyboards? But then, they
should have made it IBM z instead of IBM Z ;-)