On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 02:29:11 +0000, Jesse 1 Robinson wrote:

>What if we created something like this:
>
>++USERMOD (HSCxxxx) REWORK(date) .
>++VER (Z038)  FMID (hsc-fmid) .
>++MOVE (ssn-init-module) SYSLIB(hsc-loadlib) TOSYSLIB(LINKLIB) LMOD .
>
>where LINKLIB is SYS1.LINKLIB.

I don't like it. Which SYS1.LINKLIB? The one on your current
IPL volume? Or do you have a single target zone where you
always apply maintenance, with a VOLSER that never changes?

A better choice, IMO, is a new data set that you create for
this purpose. Or perhaps you have an installation library that
makes sense to add to LNKLST.

Also, rather than ++MOVE, you can add a second SYSLIB
for that module.

I don't see the disadvantage of adding the load library to LNKLST.
Are you approaching the 255 extent limit for LNKLST? I believe
that with LLA and VLF it is no longer necessary to be concerned
about the performance of LNKLST with a large concatenation.

--
Tom Marchant