Karl,

I can appreciate the desire for this; however there are other techniques
currently at your disposal to be able to manage this.   What it really comes
down to is your method of migrating maintenance to your systems.   In our
environment, when we clone the SYSRES volume(s) to whichever target environment
it is to be used, we also perform a SMPE Zone Copy into a new matching Target
zone to match that SYSRES.   By doing so, you can easily, and quickly see the
particular PTF level or RMID of whatever you are interested in knowing about.

Dave Jousma
Manager Mainframe Engineering, Assistant Vice President
david.jou...@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MIĀ  49546 MD RSCB2H
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.2717

On 10/16/2017 6:02 AM, Karlheinz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have opened a RFE at IBM for having related FMID, PTFID and APARID as an
> eye catcher in each load module being generated and maintained via SMP/E.
>
> This would help to detect easily the maintenance level of a particular module
> and load module.
>
> Although the information is available in SMP/E (which PTF is applied), SMP/E
> doesn't tell in which system a particular LMOD is used. This depends on the
> deployment concept after SMP/E apply and the administration information where
> particular maintenance levels are deployed.
>
> We think this is a long outstanding requirement from each systems programmer
> side to always be able to see at which maintenance level a particular module
> or load module is.
> It would support customer and vendor side in case of an incident.
>
> Various teams in IBM and at other vendor side are already incorporating this
> information during their maintenance packaging process. Unfortunately not
> all. It would be great to have this setup as a standard.
>
> This is the link to the IBM RFE:
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=102792
>
> If you support the implementation of this eye catcher information please vote.
>
> Regards
> Karlheinz

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.