Hi All,

Just wondering about this scenario...
Wikipedia says MSUs is an hourly measure ("A million service units (MSU) is a
measurement of the amount of processing work a
computer<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer> can perform in one hour.").

Assuming a vendor's license is based on MSUs...

My questions:

  1.  If a machine is rated at, for example, 655 MSUs, does this mean that it
can go on up to 655 total MSUs in an hour or 655 at any instant
  2.  If a vendor's license says, "you can run it on cpu xyz", and the contract
says 500 MSUs, does this again mean an hourly 500 total MSUs or 500 at any
given instant

Note that I'm not referring to IBM's sub-capacity reporting, as that takes into
account the max HOURLY MSU in a given month.
(But again my question creeps in here.. is HOURLY MSU = sum of MSUs consumed in
that hour or the hour where instantaneous measurements averaged out to be the
highest).

Thanks in advance.

- Vignesh
Mainframe Infrastructure

MARKSANDSPENCER.COM
________________________________
Unless otherwise stated above:
Marks and Spencer plc
Registered Office:
Waterside House
35 North Wharf Road
London
W2 1NW

Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

This e-mail is confidential. If you received it by mistake, please let us know
and then delete it from your system; you should not copy, disclose, or
distribute its contents to anyone nor act in reliance on this e-mail, as this
is prohibited and may be unlawful.