On 23/10/2017 9:02 PM, Walt Farrell wrote:
On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 13:54:10 +0800, David Crayford <dcrayf...@gmail.com> wrote:

IBM have a technology preview that adds a OMR JIT compiler to Ruby
https://developer.ibm.com/open/2016/11/18/introducing-ruby-jit/. They're
also working on versions of CPython, Smalltalk and PHP. So in theory we
could have all of the languages running on z/OS at the speed of compiled
code that will optimize dynamically depending on the hardware. How exciting!
That does sound interesting, David, but I don't see anything in the website
that mentions z/OS. I see they have a version for Linux on z, though.

Have I missed something?

The z/OS stuff can be found here https://github.com/eclipse/omr/tree/master/port/zos390.