Hi List

We need to echo or trace the TSO commands processed in a batch TSO process...
We are issuing an ADDUSER command under TSO and it returns a RC=8.
In itself not a "biggie". We run TSO via an ATTACH of IKJEFTnn(1B in this case)
so it is a subtask of an IMS address space.
The ADDUSER command is passed to IKJEFT as a PARM on the attach svc/macro as
opposed to SYSTSIN.

We don't see the command "echoed" to SYSTSPRT as you "normally" do when using
SYSTSIN.
Is anyone aware of a mechanism of switching on tracing or diagnosing PARM=
input to IKJ?

NB - this works fine in 99% of cases. We suspect either we are not building up
the ADDUSER command correctly(syntax error) or we have a RACF issue.
Unfortunately my next opportunity to make a program change and <SPLAT> the
command to the syslog is a couple of weeks away.
Maybe the assumption within the the bowels of TSO was that if input is via PARM
then there would be a jcl deck or job output to inspect.

TIA

Nick

Important Notice:
Absa is an Authorised Financial Services Provider and Registered Credit
Provider,
registration number: NCRCP7. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
from
disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not
duplicate
or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and
notify
the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated,
this
e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any
securities,
investment products or other financial product or service, an official
confirmation of
any transaction, or an official statement of Absa. Any views or opinions
presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Absa.
This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.absa.co.za/disclaimer.
The Disclaimer forms part of the content of this email. If you are unable to
access
the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail to disclai...@absa.co.za and we will send
you a
copy of the Disclaimer. By messaging with Absa you consent to the foregoing.
By emailing Absa you consent to the terms herein. This email may relate to or
be sent
from other members of the Absa Group.