On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 1:45 PM, Tony Harminc <t...@harminc.net> wrote:

> On 27 October 2017 at 13:06, John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > ​Coming in a bit sideways on this, and from another thread entirely. If I
> > wanted to do z/OS RACF work when I'm logged into a CICS region (though I
> > don't know why), then I think use the zOSMF REST API would be a much
> better
> > way to go. This could be done using the ZOSMF TSO services REST API to
> run
> > the RACF commands.
> > ref:
> > https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.1.
> > 0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.izua700/izuprog_API_TSOServices.htm
> >
> > This should not affect system integrity because it is simple HTTP over
> > TCPIP, which is native to CICS. ​
> >

> How would the caller authenticate to RACF to do this?

​Well, the REST API can use HTTP basic authentication. So the CICS
transaction would need to ask the user for the proper userid/password and
send that on to ZOSMF. And the signed on user would need proper RACF
authority to run the CICS transaction.​

--
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove
it.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown