From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Steve Smith
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2017 5:29 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ICETOOL - Question regarding a statement in the ICETOOL Guide

Nothing in the "JCL code".
It appears to me the example has a mistake: either they meant they sort on
"positions 1-10", or the SPLICE statement should have "ON(1,3,CH)".  This
example is so trivial, it's hard to know for sure what they meant.  But
probably it's the former.

There's a really helpful manual I found called "DFSORT: ICETOOL Mini-User
Guide" (a misnomer -- full-sized users will find it
valuable) by Frank L. Yaeger.  My copy is dated October 2010.  It came from the
DFSORT Team in San Jose, so it should be available from IBM.

sas

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 5:39 PM, George, William@FTB <bill.geo...@ftb.ca.gov>
wrote:
> I am confused about a statement I'm seeing in the DFSORT - ICETOOL Chapter
> and its example:

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email from the State of California is for the sole
use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged
information. Any unauthorized review or use, including disclosure or
distribution, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of this email.