Agreed, that would be great. I've had a crack at porting ooRexx but the integration into TSO/ISPF was a major issue. Getting it to work outside of the z/OS UNIX file system is challenging as it doesn't use fopen(). It also uses threads which may interesting when running in TSO and especially ISPF environments. I put it in the too hard basket. Getting Lua to load scripts and modules from MVS data sets was trivial. All I had to do was patch the loader with //DD:LUA(%s) in the chain and fopen() did the rest. There were other benefits to switching languages such as modern features like duck typing, co-routines, closures, functions as first class objects etc, etc not to mention execution speed.