On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 20:13:08 +0100, Peter Hunkeler wrote:

>>Try one of these:
>>519 $ echo $(TZ=EST5EDT date +%Y-%m-%d:%H:%M:%S)
>>2017-11-13:13:29:29
>>520 $ echo $(TZ=GMT0    date +%Y-%m-%d:%H:%M:%S)
>>2017-11-13:18:29:50
>
>Colons in Windows filenames is not a good idea. Will simply not work.

Another good reason not to use Windows.  (But colon is partly reserved in
UNIX, also, as a separator in PATH environment variable.)

My suggestion was schematic.  As Lizette suggested, the format should
be adapted for local conventions.

The OP indicated that the date-time were to insure uniqueness, so GMT
should be as satisfactory as local time.

Curse OMVS!  On any reasonable UNIX system /etc/localtime is the default
when TZ is unset.

-- gil