On 16/11/2017 3:27 AM, Wayne Bickerdike wrote:
Another pathological dig at REXX David?

The OP says, "I will use this code into one member and called by JCL as
input"

Not at all, Wayne. I asked because the OP is using SFTP (not FTP) and Kirk provided far and away the best solution in the form of a shell script
that runs in batch.

My example was how I generate a date/time suffix for our remote ftp backups
and delete aged ones.

Much as you hate REXX, it works and it's pervasive.

I don't hate REXX. It's useful for many purposes. I just find I prefer the power and expressiveness of modern languages. Simple things like the lack of lexical scoping and short circuit evaluation make programming in REXX unpleasant for me.