Merry Christmas!

A rexx exec running under z/os 2.1 is using sockets to send data to a
windows server. I am calling SO_ASCII, get return code zero, but the name
of the translation table is missing. the only translation table defined is
TCPIP.STANDARD.TCPXLBIN. I noticed that the double quotation mark (") is
not translated well. I looked at the second row in the translation table at
offset x'7b' and x'7d' and it look like there is an offset of few bytes
there.
I also noticed that when I print the packet before send, it prints the
character ":" instead of the double quotation mark (but ISPF shows it
right).
what amazed me is that it worked well last time I looked into it. Any idea
why this happens first it TSO vs ISPF and second while translating using
SO_ASCII.

Itschak

--
ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|** Automatic ISCM**  (Information Security