Hello Paul.

   - Protocol is HTTP
   - D UNI,A displays first 01047-1200(13488)-r first (but there others)
   - not sure how to determine the unrecognized code point...
   - True. I am using terminal type 3278 translation table.
   - regrading the translation, this is a good idea to do that myself.
   thanks, will try that.

thanks,
ITschak

On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 7:12 PM, Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 08:03:45 +0200, ITschak Mugzach wrote:
>
> >Merry Christmas!
> >
> >A rexx exec running under z/os 2.1 is using sockets to send data to a
> >windows server. I am calling SO_ASCII, get return code zero, but the name
> >of the translation table is missing. the only translation table defined is
> >TCPIP.STANDARD.TCPXLBIN. I noticed that the double quotation mark (") is
> >not translated well. I looked at the second row in the translation table
> at
> >offset x'7b' and x'7d' and it look like there is an offset of few bytes
> >there.
> >
> What protocol are you using?
>
> What code page(s) are you using?
>
> >I also noticed that when I print the packet before send, it prints the
> >character ":" instead of the double quotation mark (but ISPF shows it
> >right).
> >
> Is ":" TSO's behavior for an unrecognized code point?
>
> >what amazed me is that it worked well last time I looked into it. Any idea
> >why this happens first it TSO vs ISPF and second while translating using
> >SO_ASCII.
> >
> ISPF may be aware of terminal code page; TSO may not.
>
> Do you need SO_ASCII to convert commands?  You might have better control
> to convert the data with iconv and switch back to binary to transmit the
> data.
>
> -- gil

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|** Automatic ISCM**  (Information Security
Contiguous Monitoring) **|  *