I've donated small artifacts and papers to museums including the Computer
History Museum in the past.  I noted that they currently have a few IBM
Mainframe related items on the Wish List.  If your company or you personally
have one of these and is considering what to do with it here is an opportunity
to give it to a museum that wants it and will help preserve our professional
history.

*         IBM 129 Card Data Recorder
*         IBM 1311 Disk Storage Drive
*         IBM 1403 printer ribbon
*         IBM 1442 Card Reader/Punch
*         IBM 1800 Data Acquisition and Control System
*         IBM 2250 Display Station
*         IBM 2260 Display Station
*         IBM 2596 Card Reader/Punch
*         IBM 3277 Information Display
*         IBM 3278 Information Display
*         IBM 3279 Color Display Station
*         IBM 3370 disk drive (1979)
*         IBM 3410 Magnetic Tape Subsystem
*         IBM 3704 Communications Controller
*         IBM 3705 Communications Controller
*         IBM 3720 Communications Controller
*         IBM 3725 Communications Controller
*         IBM 3745 Communications Controller
*         IBM 3746 Nways Multiprotocol Controller
*         IBM 681 Redwing disk drive (1990)
*         IBM 701 Electronic Data Processing Machine
*         IBM Key Punch Type 001 Manual of Instruction (IBM Form 22-3806-0)
*         IBM MC/SC -- Magnetic Card Selectric Composer
*         IBM MC/ST -- Magnetic Card Selectric Typewriter
*         IBM Memory Typewriter (1974)
*         IBM System 360 (any model)
*         IBM System 370 (any model)
*         IBM System/38

http://www.computerhistory.org/artifactdonation/

If you have never visited the Computer History Museum put it on your list if
you can get to the San Jose area!  It's educational and great fun!

Best Regards,

Sam Knutson  |  VP, Product Management  |  Compuware
@samknutson<https://twitter.com/samknutson> |  linkedin.com/in/samknutson
samuel.knut...@compuware.com<mailto:samuel.knut...@compuware.com>

((((DO SOMETHING!) SMALL) USEFUL) NOW!) - computer pioneer  Bob Bemer

addressee or an authorized designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately and
then destroy it