On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 18:51:55 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>That's a common beginners' mistake. Try putting the label inside a do block
>and see what happens. A proper goto would pop what needs to be popped and no
>more. See <http://www.rexxla.org/Newsletter/9812safe.html>.

Yes.

There I also read:
    Continuation
        REXX allows implicit continuation; a statement is treated as continued
if it
        would otherwise be syntactically invalid.  ...
???
Not in any Rexx I know.  Is this perhaps a peculiarity of OS/2 Rexx?

And C has an improper GOTO.  It allows branching into a block.  It's
implementation
dependent whether initializations are performed then.  Ugh!

-- gil