http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/zoslib/pdf/OA50569.pdf

On printed page 4 of the manual, here is the topic and first paragraph.

Before enabling this function

Because data set encryption has both hardware and software
requirements, you must consider all systems that share data with a
system on which you plan to enable data set encryption before creating
an encrypted data set. This includes backout software levels, backup
systems, read-only systems, replication target systems and disaster
recovery systems. Before encrypting data sets other than those used
for testing, be sure that all the systems that must access encrypted
data sets are capable of doing so by meeting the required hardware and
software requirements. In addition to the hardware and software
requirements that must be available on every system that will access
the encrypted data sets, all key labels and encryption keys associated
with the encrypted data sets must also be available.