On Feb 9, 2018, at 7:16 AM, Richards, Robert B. <robert.richa...@opm.gov> wrote:

> At what point or percentage (records written/space used) would it be
> advisable to split out 92s, 99s, 120s into their own logstreams? Right now
> they are all in Default. A coworker tested turning on 120s in WebSphere for
> an hour and then grew it into an estimated 2 million records that would use
> 48% of the space after 8 hours. Not sure if  that was one WAS server or more,
> but that certainly got his attention.
>
> I realize YMMV, but am canvassing for real world experiences here.

My philosophy in segregating SMF types into their own logstreams is to consider
the consumers. So, for example, I have a logstream for all the types that we
process for MXG reports, and another for the types used by CR+. (Note that the
same record can be written to multiple logstreams.)

--
Pew, Curtis G
curtis....@austin.utexas.edu